RESCHEDULED DUE TO COVID, NEW DATE TO BE CONFIRMED (NOVEMBER) - PLEASE EMAIL YOUR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Attention all Small Business & Sole Traders - this is for you!
Sole trader, arts & entertainment, trades, health & wellness, services, retail, administration businesses or any other small business........
2 x Half-Day (3 hours) Workshops
Workshop Group 1- Morning Sessions
Workshop Group 2- Afternoon Sessions
Due to the successful State Government Grant application for the provision of Customised Professional Development Training, an exciting workshop opportunity is open to the businesses of Phillip Island.
The Phillip Island Business Network is supporting local small businesses by providing a unique training workshop to the value of $800 for a members discounted special of $100.
These workshops are tailored specifically for the small business owner or Sole Trader (1-2 business partners) including tradies, looking for an opportunity to have Business Development Mentoring.
Are you wanting to know how to get your business up and going? How to grow your business by taking those first steps and handling problems resulting from increased growth and increasing staff?
What are some of the topics covered?
Internal Success Factors of Small Business
Purpose, Vision & Values - Why?
Strategy & Measurement - How?
Leading your team
External Success Factors
Customers Sales & Marketing - selling benefits
Suppliers and negotiation
Selling your business
Meet the Presenter - Andy Rooke
Andy is an experienced Chief Executive, General Manager, and Commercial Manager with over 27 years in various roles. More recently, Andy has devoted time, experience & resources to a business that helps businesses and individuals reach and often exceed their potential.
Some professional successes:
• 20 years of financial, commercial, and general management roles with high achievements and endorsements along the way.
• Was the first Thiess Mining Project General Manager ever appointed that did not have a mining engineering background.
• Ran the most successful Theiss mine in their Australian portfolio, topping 10 of the 11 success measurements for three years.
• Led the realignment and expansion of a large, regional retail hardware group that continues to reap the benefits of Andy's work as CEO during his 3-year contract.
• As a Business Advisor/mentor/Board Chair, worked with a family civil contracting business that delivered in 5 years: 300% increase in sales, 415% increase in profit, and help negotiate the sale to a publicly listed company for significant gain to owners.
• Continues to coach and develop over 500 senior executives and leaders including in the last nine years for companies and current that clients that include: BHPB Western Australian Iron Ore, BMA Coal Head Office and six Queensland Open cut mines, Xero Accounting Software, Scotts Evergreen, two major infrastructure road projects in Sydney: Northconnex and Westconnex and numerous smaller businesses. Andy currently sits on the boards of five diverse private companies in Victoria and New South Wales. He has shared his broad business background and help formulate the business vision and strategies that have led to improving profit, personal growth, staff development, and significant shareholder value. He has well over 7,000 hours of business and personal coaching across various industries and business leaders at all levels and a long list of referees willing to attest to his achievements.
• Bachelor of Business, Swinburne University of Technology
• Certified Practicing Accountant, Australian Society of Practicing Accountants
• Graduate Diploma of Marketing, Monash University
• International Coaching Federation (Professional Coaching Certification)
• Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
• European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) Team Coaching Accreditation
• Member Neuroleadership Institute
These workshops are limited to only 10 tickets per workshop.
The State Government Grant has allowed us to keep the cost to a minimum.
Phillip Island Business Network Members $100 per ticket.
Non Phillip Island Business Network Members can be purchased at $200.00 per ticket.
* Not a PIBN Member yet? No problem, visit www.pibm.com.au to join or, email Fiona at firstname.lastname@example.org and help us build a strong community business network.
Bookings close: FRIDAY 27 August
Workshop Group 1
Monday 30 August 2021, 8.30am-11.30am with morning tea & lunch provided
Monday 4 October 2021, 8.30am - 11.30am with morning tea & lunch provided
Workshop Group 2
Monday 30 August 2021, 1.00pm - 4.00pm with afternoon tea
Monday 4 October 2021, 1.00pm - 4.00pm with afternoon tea
Location: Phillip Island Venue to be confirmed shortly
Phillip Island Nature Parks - Penguin Parade Visitors Centre